Mould and fungus grow in places where there is high humidity. If left untreated, your entire wall will be soon covered with black mildew. It ruins the overall aesthetics of your home, making the walls look shabby. The mould also gives your home a displeasing odour. It is not only embarrassing in front of guests, but also a health hazard. Mould and fungus growth are linked to various kinds of allergies and respiratory diseases.
Thankfully, they can be easily removed. Try the steps listed below. We suggest you wear gloves before starting with the cleaning process
Step 1: Spray White Vinegar
Pour 2-3 tbsp. of undiluted white vinegar in a spray bottle with a few drops of a liquid detergent and apply on the affected areas. You can try Vim dishwashing liquid for this. White vinegar is mild and can be used on walls. Cover the areas thoroughly to make sure no mould-infested patch is left untreated. Let it sit for 30-40 minutes.
Step 2: Clean It
Take a large cotton cloth dampened with plain water and start cleaning the area thoroughly.
Step 3: Clean the Hardened Stain
To clean any hardened stain that does not come off in the above Step, use a scrubbing brush. Gently scrub the area to remove the stain completely.
Step 4: Remove the Moisture
Now, take a dry cotton cloth and start pressing it against the treated areas to soak up the moisture. Meanwhile, keep the windows open or turn the fan on to allow the smell of vinegar to go away. If the smell persists, we suggest you keep a small bowl of baking soda close to the treated area overnight or more, as needed. Baking soda helps absorb the odour in the room.
Step 5: Prevent Mould and Fungus from Growing
It is important to prevent the growth of mould and fungus. For this, you can spray the white vinegar solution made in Step 1 to cover areas where mould is likely to grow or has started growing.
There you have it! This step-by-step method will help you remove the growth of mould and fungus without damaging your wall. Try it today!