Mould and mildew growing on your walls not only look unwelcoming but are also a health concern. It’s best to get rid of them as soon as they begin to appear. Vinegar, a simple ingredient available in most households, is all you need to remove mould and mildew. Vinegar is the preferred choice as it doesn’t emit any dangerous fumes.
Read our step-by-step instructions to find out how.
Step 1: Pour Vinegar in a Bottle
Even if you don’t have vinegar at home, it’s easily available in the market. Pour the contents from the vinegar bottle into a spray bottle. Do not mix any water.
Step 2: Apply the Vinegar
Spray a good amount of vinegar on the affected areas. Make sure you cover the entire surface of the wall where the mould or mildew has grown.
Step 3: Let it Rest
Allow the vinegar to rest on the mould or mildew for an hour.
Step 4: Wash the Area
Take ½ a bucket of water. Dip a clean cloth in it and wipe away the mould or mildew from your wall. You can use a scrubbing brush to clean the difficult patches. However, if you use a scrubbing brush, do not scrub aggressively, as this may damage the paint.
Step 5: Wipe the Area
Use a dry cloth to wipe any water residue from your walls.
Step 6: Keep Windows Open
Finally, keep your windows open. This will not only help your walls dry faster but also remove the smell of vinegar.
Follow this simple step-by-step guide using vinegar and your walls will be mould and mildew free!