Your curtains can lift the overall aesthetic of your home décor. Contemporary curtains with elegant design make your space look more inviting and cosy. However, curtains can be expensive. To get the best return on your investment, it is important to maintain them properly.
Keep your curtains looking clean and fresh. Treat them with some extra care and best washing practices. Dust them off every alternate day and put out your curtains to wash once every two months. Read the wash care label carefully to store and maintain your curtains for longer.
Here are some simple hacks to keep your curtains clean, fresh and dust-free.
Cleaning Acrylic Bead or Shell Curtains
- Hang a bedsheet behind the curtains by clipping it with clothespins.
- Mix 2-3 drops of dishwashing liquid with 2 cups of water and pour the liquid into a spray bottle. Spray it over the curtains from top to bottom.
- Wipe off your acrylic curtains with a cotton cloth, air-dry, and remove the bedsheet.
Cleaning Other Types of Curtains
Whether your curtains are old or new, if you want to wash them at home, here’s what you need to know.
- Wash them in the machine on a gentle setting, using cold water.
- To dry, lay them out on a flat surface.
- Do not dry them in the dryer, or the liner will most likely shrink.
Cleaning Velvet Curtains
Send your formal and lined curtains to a trusted dry cleaner since they’re expensive.
- We recommend dry-cleaning your velvet curtains. Washing them at home can cause discolouration or cause your curtains to fade.
Clean curtains are one of the easiest ways to add to the beauty of your home. You’re welcome!