Wooden flooring is quite expensive and requires regular maintenance. It might expand as the humidity level in the atmosphere increases and due to seasonal changes, it may even contract.
In either of these scenarios, we’ve got you covered.
How to deal with flooring expansion?
Follow these hacks to stop your flooring from expanding-
- Use an air conditioner during hot and humid weather.
- Switch on the exhaust fan in the kitchen while cooking.
- In case the above hacks aren’t helpful, install a dehumidifier and lower the humidity level.
How to deal with flooring contraction?
Follow these steps and prevent flooring contraction-
- Step 1 - Prepare a solution of one cup of vinegar and three cups of water.
- Step 2 - Pour the solution in an empty spray bottle.
- Step 3 - Spray it on the wooden floor and wipe it with a slightly wet mop.
- Step 4 - To put moisture back in the wood, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to the bottle once a month.
Now you know how to deal with expansion and contraction of wooden flooring.