Do you need to remove the smell from shoes? Unpleasant odours can easily develop in your footwear, but there’s no need to worry. We’re going to show you how to remove shoes’ smell so that you can enjoy them for longer. If you’d like to know how to remove odours from shoes and eliminate nasty smells, all it takes is to know a few Tips.
Has your lifestyle during the Covid-19 lockdown affected the type of stains you get on your clothes?
1) Why You Need To Remove Smell from Shoes Quickly
Sweat, bacteria, and other foot related issues can make your shoes stink. As soon as, you start to sniff that nasty smell you need to do something, to remove the nasty smell. They won’t get better on their own and as with anything, removing bacteria is very important for hygiene. Before, you start it’s important to wash your shoes and let them dry out. Now you know that here’s how to get rid of the smell from shoes with ease.
2) How to Remove Odour from Shoes with Tea Bags
Soak the bags in boiling water like you would if you were drinking tea (in fact, why not make yourself a cup?). Leave them to cool down and dry out, and then place them in your shoes. The tannins released from black tea bags help to fight bacteria, one of the main causes of bad smells.
3) How to Get Rid of Smell from Shoes with Your Own Shoe Deodorant
Only 3 drops of eucalyptus, tea tree or another essential oil you can remove the smell from shoes and replace them with a pleasant fragrance. Drop the oil onto some newspaper, scrunch it up, and place in the shoe. Leave for a few hours and your homemade shoe deodorizer will make any bad smells vanish. The zest of citrus fruits (such as orange) left overnight can freshen things up too.
4) How to Remove Dad Smell from Shoes with Cat Litter
Not sure how to remove odours from shoes with something that belongs in the litter tray? It’s quite simple really. Cat litter is designed to help draw out nasty smells, and it really can work wonders on your stinky shoes. Simply pour the litter into a pair of socks and leave them in the shoes overnight.
- Wash the shoes to get them clean first.
- Leave it to dry – use the paper to help absorb moisture and remove some of the smell.
- Choose your preferred method to remove the smell from shoes.
- Leave them for a good few hours or overnight if possible.
- Clear out whatever you’ve used so that nothing is left in the shoes.