- Remove the gas stove elements and soak in hot soapy water.
- Wipe loose dirt from the stove top.
- Spray the stove with a kitchen cleaner and scrub it with a sponge scourer.
- Pay extra attention to hard-to-reach areas around the burners.
- Wipe clean and replace the clean gas stove burners.
A clean gas stove not only smells fresh and looks lovely, but it’s a kitchen safety essential. Burnt-on food and grease lurking around the burners can be unsightly and hazardous, so it’s important to know how to clean gas burners thoroughly. You’ll have sparkling clean gas stove burners in no time with these simple steps.
How to clean gas stove burners
So you know how to keep your stovetop clean, but what about the most hardworking parts of it – the burners? A quick wipe across the surface of the stove is great for daily upkeep, but you should clean gas stove burners regularly to avoid a build-up of grease and burnt-on food.
Follow these tips to clean your gas stove burners.
- Remove the different parts of the stove top, including the burner grates, rings and caps. Soak these in a bowl of hot soapy water, using a good-quality dishwashing liquid that cuts through grease, like Vim.
- While the burner elements are soaking, clean the rest of the stove surface. Start by wiping away any loose remnants of food or dirt.
- Next, use a powerful kitchen spray, like Cif, to spray the stove. Take care not to saturate the burners themselves, as this can cause damage.
- Leave the kitchen spray to sink in for 10 minutes, allowing it to cut through the grease, before using a sponge scourer to scrub the surface, paying extra attention to any burnt-on areas of grime.
- Use a toothbrush to clean any areas around the burners that are difficult to reach.
- Wipe away the remnants with a clean sponge or cloth, so that the surface of the stove is gleaming.
- Return to the sink to scrub the burner elements with a sponge scourer, rinse and dry them thoroughly. Position them back on the stove, ensuring that they are sitting firmly in the correct place.
Cleaning gas stove top burners thoroughly on a weekly basis will help you to maintain a sparkling and safe kitchen.